A Cake with Homemade Raspberry Sauce
For the cake
200 g butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 TB baking powder
1 Ts vanilla
Pinch of salt
- Beat the butter, sugar until they become fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and add the vanilla with the last egg. Beat until the mixture becomes fluffy and light.
- Sift the flour, pinch of salt & baking powder together. Add them to the eggs mixture.
- Fold them with a spatula until they compound well.
- Turn the mixture into a suitable lined pan.
- Bake the cake for about 40 minutes. Try to check it with a wooden squawker.
- Let the cake set for 5 minutes and then turn it on a wiring rack until it is cooled down completely.
- Slice the cake into two parts and leave it aside.
- Beat one cup of fresh cream with a half cup of sifted confectionery sugar with some vanilla until it becomes stiff and hard. Use it onto half of the cake and to decorate the surface of the cake.
- Reserve some for decorating the plate.