I chose this blog to be my first step to begin doing my favourite first hobby, cooking. My name is Fama M. AlMisned AlMohannadi. I am an English coordinator and teacher. I've got many hobbies such as making cakes, cookies, cupcakes, teaching English, sewing, netting, designing English paper and many more. But, on top, I am crazy about sweets and teaching English.
Sunday, 15 May 2016
Whole Wheat Bread
Homemade Whole Wheat Bread
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup honey
2 cups hot water + 3/4 Later for kneading time
2 TBL molasses
1 TBL salt
2 TBL instant yeast
7 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
In a stand up mixer using the kneading tool put:
1. the 2 cups hot water, the oil, the honey, the molasses and the salt, mix well.
2. Add two cups of the flour and the 2 spoons of yeast and knead the dough.
3. Add the yeast of the flour and add the extra hot water when necessary until the flour finishes. You may need the whole 3/4 cup water or may be 1/2 would work. It depends on the flour type.
4. Let the dough to be knead well in the mixer for about 15 minutes.
5. Turn the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead it by hands for extra 10 minutes.
6. Set the dough in a clean bowl and cover it with a clinging film, Put in a warm place for about 1 hour or until the dough doubled in size.
7. Turn the dough again of a light floured surface knead the dough again for 10 minutes, divide the dough into two equal halves and then fold each one carefully in a loaf shape without harming the surface of the bread. The top of the bread has to be perfect without any cracks at all. You can wet the surface of the bread slightly with water using your and then sprinkle some healthy seeds such as flax seeds on top of the bread.
8. Place the breads into two bread Pans. Cover the bread well with a sprayed cling films. Place then again in a worm place for 30 more minutes.
9. Remove the plastic wrap. Put the bread in a 200 Celsius oven (preheated). Bake for 10 minutes and then reduce the temperature until 180 Celsius Let the bread baked for 40 Minutes or until it has a nice colour on top.
10. Cool the bread on a wiring rack as soon as it comes out of the oven.
11. You can eat it directly or store in the freezer for another time.
12. You will have nice cut bread if you wait till the next day.