Lemony Cupcakes with Lemony Meringues
The cake ingredients:
3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups castor sugar
1 cup butter (200g) at room temperature
4 eggs at room temperature
1 tablespoon baking power
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water + 2 table spoon lemon juice
2 lemon zest
Ready made lemon cured for the garnish.
1. Whisk the butter & sugar until they become fluffy and creamy.
2. Add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla and the lemon zest with the last egg. Whisk well.
3. Combine and sift together; the flower, the salt & the baking powder.
4. Add the flour alternate with the water until it finishes. Fold the mixture well and turn it in cupcakes paper. Bake it in a 180 Celsius preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes or until the top of the cakes become golden colour.
4. Turn the cakes on a wiring rack to completely cool down.
5. Put 1 teaspoon of lemon curd on top of each cupcake and place on piece of the meringue on top of it.
6. Serve them with love.
The Meringue ingredients.
4 eggs whites at the room temperature.
113 powdered sugar
113 castor sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. Whisk the eggs white until it becomes foamy.
2. Add the castor sugar gradually
3. Add the powdered sugar gradually.
4. Add the cream of tartar, the lemon juice, the zest and whisk until the hard peak.
5. Pipe the meringue into a lined with parchment paper tray. Bake in 100 Celsius over for 1 1/2 hours.
6. When time has finished just switch off the, open the over door little bit and leave the meringue to cool down slowly.
7. Use it for decorating your lemony cakes.